Thursday, September 24, 2009

The measure of love isn't loss.

Dear Blog,
Whelp. This last weekend was a good one. On Friday, the Wellington Girls pulled off another awesome party. We had a tree themed combo-birthday party for Jen and Veronica. Treats included Red Vines(vines= trees of the jungle), Andes mints (green & brown), Pretzels (twigs), Milk Duds (looks like deer poop, deer eat leaves), Cheese and jam dip in the shape of a tree, and a Yule Log made to look like an Aspen tree. And in case you're wondering, yes, there is a difference between a Yule Log and a eulogy. We had some awesome games planned but we ran into one minor snag... the power went out. We had a party with no lights or music. So we lit some candles and finally used our outdoor fireplace. It turned out fun anyway. At least I think so. I'll try to post some photos when I get this blog thing figured out.



Saturday I worked all day and then joined Missy, Jen, Michael, and Taryn for Cirque de la Symphonie. It was amazing. Crazy Circus performers backed by the beautiful music of the Symphony. Wowzah!



This week hasn't been so great. Monday was a baddie that ended with me locking my keys in my car up Mill Creek Canyon. Luckily my buddy Clinton has AAA and was nice enough to let me use it. Tuesday I started feeling fluish. Now it's Thursday and I'm still feeling quite ill. Not so fun. I did get to hang out with my mom, sister and nephews for a bit yesterday. Even though our trip to the store closing of Ben Franklin Craft was unsuccessful, I still enjoyed the trip.
That's all I have for now. Lates!
Love, Melanie





1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin the tree party. And appropriate that you burned some trees while at the party. Sorry you're not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete